New templates finalized
As the work on Deadly Furry Cute version 2 moves ahead I decided to re-think and re-work the templates I use to create the toys.
The main reason for re-working the templates is because my forward thinking hat wasn’t on the first time around. Certain parts of the toys were connected to the base shapes and would be more work to remove than to just recreate – i.e. the feet. Also I wasn’t happy with the way I had designed the ears to work. They were too fiddly to cutout, stick and place on the toy. And lets face it even though I know adults both liked and built the toys these things should really be designed from a kids perspective.
One more thing came to mind before I went ahead and designed new templates. Cat’s aren’t the same size as say an elephant or a mouse. With that new found wisdom I decided it would be a good idea to have a some size variation in my templates. However don’t get too excited I still plan on making each toy be built from one sheet of A4 paper – letter should work fine too – because lets face it we really don’t want too much wastage here in the name of fun.
Enough rambling. On to a sneak peak.
This article has been re-posted from designergamergeek.com with permission from the author.